For years the Focus on Energy program has provided a variety of incentives to offset the cost of home energy improvements. Historically to qualify for these incentives, pre and post energy audits have been required. The program is now easier than ever. Effective April 1, 2020 Focus on Energy added some easier ways to qualify for incentives. You will know your expected incentive amount upfront. All improvements must be performed by a Focus on Energy Trade Ally. (Rockweiler Insulation is a Focus Trade Ally.)
Here is a simple overview* of program incentives:
- Attic insulation incentive
- Insulate and air seal 600 or more square feet of attic space to qualify for a $400 incentive.
- The attic must currently have an insulation level of R19 or less to qualify.
- Basement insulation incentive
- Insulate basement box sills with spray foam insulation and quality for a $100 incentive.
- Prior to adding spray foam insulation, the box sill must have no insulation.
- Additional Requirements
- Must be a customer of a participating utility.
- At least 51% of the home’s heating comes from that participating utility.
- A CO/gas leak detector is required on each floor.
- On the day of installation our team will perform a simple spillage test to make sure the water heater is drafting properly and your home will be safe following air sealing and insulation.
- Our office will supply the proper paperwork to confirm that qualifying work was performed. We will gather your utility provider account number, a signature, and then we’ll do the rest. You can expect a check from FOCUS within 4-6 weeks.
That’s it! Now it’s even easier to qualify for home energy upgrade incentives and have a more comfortable home! Contact our office with any questions about insulation, air sealing or Focus on Energy incentives.
*For further program details visit focusonenergy.com/myhome